The School of Theatre, Television, and Film is one of the eleven departments that the College of Profissional Studies and Fine Arts, San Diego State University comprises.
The School provides high-quality education for undergraduate and graduate students that emphasizes excellence in the arts and technology, grounded in conceptual and historical foundations. Leading by example, the School’s faculty helps students realize their creative potential as artists, scholars, leaders, and global citizens who celebrate cultural diversity and promote social equality through theoretical explorations and practical experience. Courses combine concept and craft to lead students from critical analysis through problem-solving into practical action and the production of tangible products.
The College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts‘departments/schools committed to the pursuit of excellence in academic and artistic endeavors geared to enhancing the human enterprise. The College is recognized for its excellent academic programs that prepare students for professional careers in a wide spectrum of artistic, cultural, educational, social, and technical fields. The College highly values interdisciplinary studies.
With more than 1500 faculty and over 33,000 students, San Diego State University is one of the largest universities in the western United States. Located in a large and ethnically diverse metropolitan center bordering Mexico and on the Pacific Rim, the University uses the social, cultural, scientific, and technical resources of this region to enrich its teaching and research programs. SDSU celebrated its centennial in 1997 and currently offers the Bachelor’s degree in 78 areas, the Master’s degree in 62 and the Doctorate in 14.
Values of the School
- Integrate theory and practice.
- Embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Develop critical thinking and analysis.
- Create opportunities for student achievement.
- Support the professional growth of faculty as artists and scholars.
- Appreciate art and its role in society.
- Collaborate with community groups and artistic organizations.
- Seek out and support international experiences and perspectives.
- Promote interdisciplinary research.
- Adopt emerging technologies and a future-thinking approach.