- Understand the days’ big stories and book live interviews that reflect various angles on those stories
- Manage a near-continuous flow of information by writing and updating scripts, pursuing stories by phone, and assigning reporters.
- Digital audio editing
- Thorough understanding of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
- Research and line up compelling interviews
- Related newsroom duties as necessary
- Fearless, aggressive, energetic, enthusiastic, and creative team player.
- The right candidate is a real show producer and not just a guest booker.
- Must have a strong Rolodex, good news judgment and the ability to write quick, clear, compelling and concise scripts without the usual clichés or news speak.
- Must work and play well in a fast high-pressure all-news environment.
- Intimate knowledge of socializing content on all platforms is a MUST.
- Prior major-market producing and news writing experience required.
- Strong multi-tasking and computer skills required.
- Familiarity with Southern California including politics, pop culture, lifestyle, etc. preferred.
- Must be available to work all hours, overnights, and weekends.
- Required to join the Writers Guild of America.