ًWe have talked before on how to prepare healthy dinner recipes. Today, I have some more ideas for other healthy dinner recipes. If you want simple, fast recipes for the dinner table, here are some tips for making healthy food for dinner.
1 Tomato Posole
Posole is a traditional Mexican vegetarian recipe, often made with pork and hominy cooked in a light mixture of sauce. In this quick recipe, we rely on the meatiness of pinto beans and butternut squash combined with hand-crushed tomatoes to make a satisfying, delicious and healthy meal.
It takes 20 minutes of preparation and 45 minutes of cooking.
- Peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 2 cups of chopped red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Peeled butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce of white hominy, rinsed
- 1 15-ounce of rinsed pinto beans
- 1 ripe of diced avocado
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- You should drop the tomatoes into the bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan in the temperature of medium-high. Add onion and garlic and start to cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until they get to brown color. Add chili powder and cook for 30 seconds. Add squash, broth, hominy, beans and the tomato juice.
- Cook until the squash gets softened for about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with avocado and cilantro if you wish.
2 Steak with Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce
This recipe is a wonderful one; most people with different tastes would love it. I hope you like it too. It takes 30 minutes of preparation and cooking.
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh pepper
- 1-1 1/4 pounds boneless, trimmed steak (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Cut the steaks into four equal portions. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until it gets hot. Add the steaks and cook the whole mixture until it gets browned. Turn over the steaks, and then remove them from the pan.
- Add one tablespoon of oil to the pan to cook the onion, water, and brown sugar, occasionally stirring, until the onion gets golden brown color and the liquid gets evaporated. It takes from 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the onion from the heat. Stir in the blue cheese and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Serve the steaks with about two tablespoons of sauce for each one.
- Note: You can choose another kind of vegetable to add to the onion or replace it.
Steak with Caramelized Onions and Blue Cheese Sauce
3 Beer-Battered Fish Tacos with Tomato Avocado Salsa
This recipe is a sort of different from the other recipes I included for dinner. It’s for the lovers of fried fish to be able to get the taste without all the included calories, and the salsa will add a fresh, nice flavor. It takes 40 minutes at maximum.
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 beer cup
- 8 ounces of tilapia fillet, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 2 teaspoons of canola oil
- 4 corn of warm tortillas
- 1 large tomato
- 1/4 cup of red onion (preferred)
- 1/2 minced jalapeno
- 2-3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of fresh pepper
- 1/2 diced avocado
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- A little bit of cayenne, if you want
- The first step is preparing salsa: You should mix tomato, onion, jalapeno, lime juice, kosher salt and pepper in a bowl. Then, stir in the avocado and cilantro. The last step is adding cayenne (if you wish).
- To prepare tacos: Mix flour, cumin, salt and cayenne in a bowl. Then, add or whisk the beer to create a mixture in the bowl.
- Cover tilapia pieces in the mixture (batter). Heat the oil in a large pan in temperature over medium-high of heat degree. Then, add the fish to the pan; cook from 2 to 4 minutes per side until it gets crispy and golden. At last as usual, serve the fish with tortillas and the salsa.
Beer-Battered Fish Tacos with Tomato Avocado Salsa
I guess you have got now some variable recipes for making healthy dinner meals. I hope you enjoy making them for you and the rest of the family. Wait for new articles for healthy fast recipes. Good luck!