Sometimes we wonder how to prepare healthy food for dinner. Dinner meals confuse us about what we should eat before going to bed and won’t affect our health negatively. We should consider having healthy and light meals at dinner not to gain weight and in danger of getting sick. Following, I’m suggesting three variable healthy recipes that would appeal to most of you.
1 Shrimp and Spinach Pasta
It takes 10 minutes for preparation and 20 minutes to be well done cooked.
- 3/4 pound of Gemelli, fusilli, or other short pasta
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound of peeled shrimp (raw)
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 12 small cups of spinach
- Begin with cooking the pasta according to the principal directions; drain the pasta and return it to the same pot.
- Then, heat the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the leeks, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and start to cook, mix them till the leeks get softened enough. This process takes 5 minutes at maximum. The next step is to add the shrimp and lemon and cook the mixture. Begin to toss until the shrimp gets opaque. This is going to take 4 to 5 minutes more.
- The last step is, adding the cream and ½ teaspoon of salt to the pasta in the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mixture gets a little thickened. Add the shrimp mixture and the spinach and toss to combine.
2 Salmon with Creamy Cucumber-Fennel Salad
It takes 15 minutes of preparation and 20 minutes of cooking.
- 4 – 6 ounces of skinless pieces of salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon from olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, kosher salt, and black pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 1 fennel bulb plus 2 tablespoons from chopped fennel fronds
- 1/2 cup of English cucumber and rye bread for serving
- The first step is heating the oven to 400° F degree. Place the oil on the salmon and a rimmed baking sheet. Indulge with the cayenne and ¼ teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Add the lemon slices on the top and bake until opaque from 8 to 12 minutes. Then, whisk the yogurt, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and black pepper together in a large bowl. Add the fennel, fennel fronds, and cucumber and toss to coat.
- As usual, serve the salmon with the cucumber-fennel salad and bread.
3 Baked Pecorino Chicken
It takes 10 minutes of preparation and 30 minutes of cooking.
- 5 slices of bread sandwich
- 1/2 cup of grated pecorino
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted kosher salt, and black pepper
- 4 – 6 ounces of boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 bunches of Swiss chard
- Like the previous recipe, it begins by heating the oven to 400° F. Then, putting the bread in a food processor until it forms coarse crumbs. Next, you should add the pecorino, butter, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper and pulse them once or twice till the mixture gets moisten.
- The next one is to place the chicken into a baking dish; with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper as we said before, then sprinkling them with the breadcrumb mixture. Cover the resulted mixture with foil and bake until it gets cooked.
- At the same time, you should heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chard, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Cook and toss until the mixture gets tender for 3 to 4 minutes. The last step as always is to serve with the chicken. It’s a quite delicious recipe. My advice to you is to try it.
I guess these few recipes could be perfectly healthy for most of us. They have a lot of protein and useful vitamins for our health. I assure you that you won’t regret if you gave each of them a try. Good luck to all of you!